by Carrie Bornstein
Today is (and yesterday was, too) Rosh Chodesh Adar – the first days of the month of Adar. Adar: the month on the Hebrew calendar that brings us Purim, which I take very, very seriously. When Adar comes we are meant to increase our joy – a command for happiness!
In case two feet of snow doesn’t make you giddy, we’re offering a little boost, in the form of a trivia contest. Submit your entry in these two weeks leading up to Purim, and you could win one of the fabulous prizes below.
Most (but not all!) answers can be found somewhere on our website or this blog. Submit your entry (make sure to also follow the specific directions for #10) via email to email@example.com with the subject line “Adar Trivia.” Each correct answer will earn you one point; the entry with the most points wins. Ties will be broken in a random drawing. Contest ends at 11:59pm, Thursday, February 21. Good luck!
- Women, men, and children have traveled from 42 states (plus Washington, DC) to immerse at Mayyim Hayyim. Which eight states are not represented in that list?
- People have immersed at Mayyim Hayyim from how many different countries?
- 1 – 5
- 6 – 10
- 11 – 15
- 16 – 20
- What’s the name of the boy who first completed his Bar Mitzvah project with Mayyim Hayyim?
- In Mayyim Hayyim’s “Mikveh Baby” video, what animal is represented on Clara’s towel?
- How many immersions are included in an annual membership at Mayyim Hayyim?
- What are three topics Mayyim Hayyim provides consultation on for other communities looking to create or enhance a community mikveh?
- When was Mayyim Hayyim’s first blog entry on The Mikveh Lady has Left the Building?
- A terminally ill man from Rhode Island immersed in the mikveh at Mayyim Hayyim. According to the rabbi who brought him, what was essential during his immersion?
- How many different categories are posts grouped into on the Mayyim Hayyim blog?
- In the comment section of this blog post (entitled, “Leave a Reply”), fill in the blank with your own response: “Because of Mayyim Hayyim, ____________.”
Grand Prize: Two tickets to an event of your choice, either Mayyim Hayyim’s Men, Mikveh, and Malt on April 25th, 2013 OR our women’s event Roasting & Toasting Anita Diamant on October 17, 2013
3rd Prize: $25 gift certificate towards anything in the Mayyim Hayyim store
Carrie Bornstein is Mayyim Hayyim’s Executive Director. Follow her on twitter @carolinering.